The Benefits of Advanced Drying Techniques
After a flood, it is imperative to dry water damaged properties and contents as quickly as possible. In the past, limited technology was not only slow, but would result in removing and discarding damaged carpets, pads and drywalls. Thanks to today’s powerful equipment, professional disaster restoration companies can completely restore water damaged properties and contents to their pre-loss condition with minimal intrusion or disruption.
The benefits of the advanced drying techniques include:
- Using LGR Dehumidifiers, the relative humidity is reduced to as low as 10%, removing up to 16 gallons of water from the air per day. Older dehumidifiers were able to reduce the humidity to only 40%, removing about 5 gallons of water per day.
- The drying times are much faster – 24 to 48 hours with modern equipment, as opposed to 4 or more days with older equipment.
- Thanks to faster drying, mold and other fungi have less time to develop. The health problems associated with mold are alleviated.
- The irreversible swelling in porous materials, such as wood and drywall, is prevented.
- Desiccants release very dry and warm air (5% relative humidity and 110 degrees F) into humid areas, eliminating moisture. They also use silica gel to absorb humidity from the air.
- Intra-wall drying helps the drying process inside of walls without removing drywall. Air is forced into cavities behind walls through drilled holes, greatly reducing the drying time of the wall.
- With powerful extraction techniques, water can be extracted from the pad, through the carpet, leaving the underlying pad slightly moist but not wet.
For water damage caused by storms and floods, as well as fire, smoke and mold remediation services, call your local PuroClean Office. The advanced tools and techniques used by the PuroClean professionals can restore your home to its pre-loss condition, greatly reducing the costs for the loss, as well as the time necessary to get your property back in order.